Let me start off by telling that I was not originally a "Birther". I felt that issue to be the least of our worries, and I had faith in the American people, that they would not be duped to the extent that Barack Obama would actually end up in the White House!
On occasion, I will admit to momentary stupidity. I always look for the best in people!
Even not being an original Birther, I will tell you that I certainly follow this issue more so now, than previous. This is primarily due to the total disregard that the current Administration and it's minions have for the Constitution of the United States. I believe that so many attempts have been undertaken to subvert our Constitution, that I believe it's time to slam them in the face with it. That's extreme for this non violent man, although a swift boot in the A** never hurt anyone!
I introduce Article II, Section 1.
Article II, Section 1 of the U.S. Constitution requires a person to be a natural born citizen, at least 35 years of age and have resided within the United States for at least 14 years in order to be eligible to be president.
All states require certification to a certain extent. Only Hawaii requires, that in the certification statement that the candidate meets all constitutional requirements, and backed up by a birth certificate. Apparently, the dime store Certificate of Live Birth was enough for Hawaii as they wandered around in a fog induced by the fact that a person allegedly born in Hawaii was running for President! In the 49 other states all the DNC supplied was that Barack Obama was certified as a nominee.
I have discussed this issue in many forums, and have never been able to figure out how Obama got on even one ballot, especially considering the questions! I guess we'll never know. The very night of my last discussion, I stumble over two articles dealing with this subject!
http://www.americanthinker.com/2011/01/state_eligibility_law_obamas_a.html
and
http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=255965
Eureka! We now have ten states tightening up the requirements to be listed on a ballot for President! Some stronger than others! AZ, TX, CT, GA, IN, MO, MT, NB, OK, and NE. Of course, the Obamaites are going to have everyone headed straight to court since they have already spent millions in fighting challenges to his citizenship over something as simple as a birth certificate! Seems kinda silly don't it!? One has to wonder why! The ten states have a total of 107 electoral votes.
The biggest concerns are what a "natural born citizen" is, and what constitutes a birth certificate. Obama presented a certificate of live birth (COLB) to Hawaii. Any person can report a "live birth", only a hospital can issue a Long Form Birth Certificate. Some states in their proposed legislation state only that a "Birth Certificate" is required to accompany other requirements. Specificity is the big thing to pay attention to. Each piece of legislation needs to specify "Hospital Long Form Birth Certificate". This is not a dime store version like a COLB. I listed the states above for a reason. If I can find the time I'll list or addend with the states and the Legislative # of the bills.
The highlights are that AZ now has a bill that has the same amount of co-sponsors in both the House and Senate that are needed to pass. The best part, the law will go to Governor Jan Brewers desk for signature! She's my girl! Texas has a great chance for passage and the loss of 34 electoral votes would make me jump up and down two times (more than two times resembles exercise to much for me)! Georgia also has a curve in their legislation in that every citizen of Georgia has "standing" which will allow any voter age person to be able to challenge a candidates eligibility to be placed on the ballot. The remaining states all need to tighten up what constitutes an acceptable birth certificate.
We just might finally have this slippery rat cornered!
The ten states that are tightening their eligibility requirements will accept the OFFICIAL birth certificate of other states.
ReplyDeleteHawaii's official birth certificate is the Certification of Live Birth, the one that Obama showed. So all Obama has to do is to show the physical copies of the birth certificate (which he has, as the FactCheck photos show) to those states, and they will and must accept that birth certificate.
In addition, the facts on Obama's birth certificate were confirmed by THREE Republican officials in Hawaii.
Hospital birth certificates, by the way, are not official birth certificates anywhere. Only government birth certificates are official. The US State Department does not accept any hospital birth certificates. It does accept the Certification of Live Birth of Hawaii and thousands of people get US passports with the certification every year.
The reason that the US Congress voted to confirm Obama's election UNANIMOUSLY (all 535 members) is that not one of them believed either that Obama was born outside of the USA or that the citizenship of Obama's father has any effect on Obama's Natural Born status, which comes entirely from his birth in the USA. All US-born US citizens are natural born. Only naturalized US citizens are not Natural Born US citizens.
“Under the longstanding English common-law principle of jus soli, persons born within the territory of the sovereign (other than children of enemy aliens or foreign diplomats) are citizens from birth. Thus, those persons born within the United States are "natural born citizens" and eligible to be President. Much less certain, however, is whether children born abroad of United States citizens are "natural born citizens" eligible to serve as President ..."---- Edwin Meese, et al, THE HERITAGE GUIDE TO THE CONSTITUTION (2005) [Edwin Meese was Ronald Reagan’s attorney general, and the Heritage Foundation is a well-known Conservative organization.]